Our Foster Program
Animal Aid Foster Care Program
Thank you for your interest in the Animal Aid Foster Care Program. We appreciate your willingness to open your heart and home to homeless animals. Your dedication allows our organization to rescue animals that we would otherwise have to turn away due to lack of space in our existing foster homes or shelter.
The overall mission of the Foster Care Program is to give animals individualized care and socialization to ensure that they will be easy to place in new homes and will be adopted by families that can best meet their needs.
Specific goals of the program include:
- Providing a safe, healthy, nurturing environment for mother animals to raise their young.
- Giving our long-term residents time away from the shelter in a home setting.
- Socializing shy or timid animals.
- Allowing sick or injured animals to heal in a caring, reduced-stress environment.
- Nursing and bottle feeding orphaned or abandoned kittens.
- And most urgently, we have no canine shelter. All dogs are placed into foster homes until a suitable adoption can be arranged.
There is currently a particular need for foster families that can accommodate dogs of various sizes – we are being forced to turn away dogs for lack of homes.
If you are interested in becoming a foster home:
- Please read and understand the policies in the Foster Agreement that you would be asked to follow.
- Download our Foster Application. You may choose either an MS Word form that you can complete on your computer and email in, or an Adobe .pdf version if you prefer to fill it out by hand (print clearly, please!) and mail or FAX to the addresses shown at the top of the form.