How You Can Help
Everyone has something different to contribute – some folks have more money than time, some have time and energy but less money, and some have shareable resources and skills. None of these is more important than the others, and all of them can significantly impact the success of our mission.
We welcome you to explore the many ways you can make a difference – you're sure to find the perfect fit!
- Individual Support
- Contribute to the C-SNIP (Canine Spay and Neuter in Portland) Program
- Contribute to our Fund for Urgent Veterinary Care
- Sponsor a Heartstrings Pet
- Make a one-time or a monthly donation
- Visit our Shelter Wishlist and select a specific item to donate.
- Enjoy one of our fundraising events
- Donate securities
- Include Animal Aid in your estate planning
- Business Support
- Become a Bet for Pets Casino Night sponsor
- Donate supplies for the shelter or items to be used as prizes at fundraisers or to be sold at the annual Odds and Ends for Furry Friends Garage Sale
- Give a grant in support of the Fund for Urgent Veterinary Care.
- Match your employees' donations to Animal Aid
- Easy ways that don't cost you a penny!
- Shop online through iGive
- Use GoodSearch! as your online search engine
The Gift of Your Time
- Volunteer! A wide range of skills, energy levels, and temperaments are needed to keep a rescue organization moving forward – CLICK HERE to look over the long list of roles you could play.
- Foster! Our need in this area is great. There is currently a particular need for foster families that can accommodate dogs of various sizes – we are currently being forced to turn away dogs for lack of homes. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Skills and Resources
Sometimes what a rescue organization needs to prosper has no obvious connection to animals:
- Are you good at photography? Graphic arts?
- Do you have (or want to have) experience in grant writing? Public speaking? Media relations?
- Are you comfortable working on a computer? Do you have internet access?
- Are you a "natural leader", at home managing others?
- Do you have secure, dry storage you'd be willing to loan? A utility vehicle for hauling?
Then, BOY do we want to meet you!