Frequently opportunities arise for Animal Aid to earn money by providing intelligent, reliable temporary staff for other people's events. Our Special Projects teams don't ask for money, they earn it.
In most cases, there is little to no training required, and volunteers will get free admittance to the event once their shift is over. And what a fun selection of events we're finding! Car shows, canine agility trials, the Portland International Brewfest – the possibilities are endless. And the clear positive impact of these activities makes them excellent choices for community service projects.
Why is this good for Animal Aid? Zero overhead! All money earned goes directly into our programs, and all volunteer hours have an immediate, concrete payoff.
Is the Special Projects Team a good fit for you? Maybe. Do any of these apply?
- I'd love to support Animal Aid, but my budget is already stretched to the max.
- My family/work schedule is very unpredictable – I could help on an occasional weekend, though.
- I'd like to help, but I want something I can involve my family in as well.
- I need Community Service hours right away!
- I want to know that my contribution of time and effort is going directly to help the animals, not paying for stamps on a mailer!
How do I sign up?
- If you've already filled out a volunteer application for Animal Aid, we already have most of the information we need – just send us an email at to tell us which event interests you.
- If you've never submitted an Animal Aid volunteer application before CLICK HERE to sign up online* right now! More comfortable filling out things by hand? Then CLICK HERE to download a Special Projects Team application you can mail or fax to us.
* Is it safe to send my personal information over the Internet? Any pages on our site that deal with personal information are on a secure server (https://), so all transmissions are encrypted.