- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT: Sprouts & Sparkles Plant Sale
May 9 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
Our plant sale is now SOLD OUT! Thank you so much to everyone who made this year’s sale such an amazing success!
Get everything you need for an amazing season of gardening and support rescue animals while you do it! Animal Aid’s annual plant sale is alive and well in 2020, but in light of COVID-19, we have made some changes to keep everybody safe.
What’s the same? Hundreds of wonderful organic plant starts for your 2020 Victory Garden: A wide variety of tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and cucumbers, plus a fun selection of sunflowers and marigolds to brighten your yards.
What’s different? The process for ordering your plants, paying, and picking them up.
As we cannot have large groups of people browsing on site, here are the steps:
- Review our current inventory from the list attached to this page, and email your wish list to head gardener Bob O. at email@example.com. (If you’ve already submitted a pre-order, you can skip this step unless you want to add to your original order.)
- Our gardeners will review requests in the order that they are received, and we’ll email you an invoice showing what plants you are getting, the amount owed, and an appointment time for you to pick up your plants on May 9th at our regular open-air sale site, Southwest Auto Body (4200 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, Portland, OR 97221).
- When you arrive to get your plants, you can pay by check or with exact cash (we’ll have a special envelope waiting for each of you at your appointment time). To keep all of us safe, we will not be handling money or making change.
- We will also have an assortment of plants that have not already been adopted! During your appointment window, you can browse these offerings and add to your order. If you are interested in this option, be sure to bring a bit of extra cash or wait to fill in the amount on your check until you’ve arrived to pick up your order. Each customer will be given 20 minutes for this process, which should be ample time.
- Take your plants home and nurture them until the weather is warm enough to put them in the ground! We’ll have a sheet of planting guidelines available with your order.